Inspired by your favorite coffee shop’s recipe, this copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf is sure to be the tastiest treat you bake this holiday season!
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter (room temperature)
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg (room temp)
- 1 C applesauce
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- chopped pecans
- 1/2 block cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 – 2 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick baking/ cooking spray.
- Add the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar together until it is fluffy. Add in the vanilla and egg while the electric mixer is still beating. Slowly blend in the applesauce.
- Add the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Add this mixture to the butter, egg, sugar mixture blending until it is mixed.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes. (Or until it has risen and a toothpick comes out clean.)
- Set aside the loaf until it slightly cools. Transfer to a cooling rack before frosting.
- Add the cream cheese and the vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Beat the cream cheese and vanilla together. Add the 1 1/2 cups of the powdered sugar beating until
- smooth and creamy. (Add a little more sugar if it’s not as thick as you like.)
- Spread a thick layer of the frosting over the gingerbread loaf. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Keywords: Starbucks, Gingerbread, Loaf