Ever wondered how to cook a ribeye steak on the stove? This recipe for the Perfect Seared Ribeye Steak with Red Wine Pan Gravy will show you how to make the best ribeye steak you’ve ever had.
- 3 lbs. Thick cut Ribeye steak
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 1 c. Onion chopped
- ½ c. Red cooking wine
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 c. Bone broth
- ¼ c. Heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Apply salt and pepper to taste to both sides of your ribeye steaks.
- Once the skillet is hot, place the steak into it and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side. Do not move the steak around. Let it sit on each side for the allotted time to ensure a great sear. Be sure to sear the sides all of the way around the edge of the steak as well to render the fat found there.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and place it on a cutting board or cooling rake to rest.
- While the steak is resting, add the chopped onion to the pan juices. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions begin to soften and brown.
- Add 2 cloves of minced garlic to the pan and stir, cooking for an additional minute.
- Pour in ½ cup of red cooking wine, and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze it. Cook the wine down until it is reduced by at least half
- Mix in 1 cup of bone broth. Continue to cook it down until it begins to thicken.
- Add in ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream. Stir and cook the pan gravy down until it has reached your desired consistency.
- Slice the ribeye steak, and plate it served with a bed of greens and smothered in the red wine pan gravy.
- Calories: 405
- Sugar: 0.8
- Sodium: 30
- Fat: 28
- Saturated Fat: 2.7
- Carbohydrates: 2.9
- Fiber: 0.4
- Protein: 3.7
- Cholesterol: 12