Meat and Cheese Croissant Overnight Breakfast Casserole is a tasty way to jump start the day. Loaded with meat, croissants, eggs and more.
- 8 Croissants
- 1 lb. Bacon
- 1 lb. Pork breakfast sausage
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp. Basil
- 2 ¾ c. Milk
- 1 c. Heavy cream
- 5 Large eggs beaten
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. Shredded white cheddar cheese
- Cook 1 pound of bacon until it is crispy, set it aside until it cools, and then crumble it into pieces.
- Brown 1 pound of pork breakfast sausage over medium high heat. Add the crumbled bacon to the skillet.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ a teaspoon of basil to the meat mixture.
- In a greased 9×13 baking dish, tear 8 croissants into bite sized pieces. Press them into the bottom of the pan to form one layer.
- Pour the meat mixture over top of the croissants.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 ¾ cups of milk and 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Add in 5 beaten eggs, and whisk to combine them well.
- Pour the liquid mixture over top of the meat and croissants in the baking dish.
- Cover the dish with tin foil, and place it in the fridge to sit overnight.
- In the morning, uncover the casserole dish, and sprinkle 1 cup of parmesan cheese over the mixture.
- Top the breakfast bake with 8 ounces of shredded white cheddar, and bake it in the oven for 45-55 minutes until it is cooked through and the liquid has been absorbed. If you need additional cooking time, and the top has begun to get to brown, you can place tin foil over the top to continue cooking the bottom.
Keywords: Croissant Overnight Breakfast Casserole, breakfast casserole, breakfast bake, overnight casserole